Petties!

4:36 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Hello! It's been a while since I updated my blog. Well, the cause is, I have new pets! 

She Mei's Pets Profile

DUCKS

Alessandro Moschata (Sandy)
Male
Musocvy
1 month old

Candace Moschata (Candy)
Female
Muscovy
1 month and 1 week old

Lemonia Domestica
Female
She's a pekin. I think so. Maybe, but they guy at the store said that she's not. But she looks exactly like a pekin baby.
2 weeks

TURTLES
Red Eared Sliders

Alex George Scripta Elegans
Male

Mary Kate Scripta Elegans
Female

Denzel
Male

Kirby Sexburth
Female

Alex George and Mary Kate seems to be more active and playful than Denzel and Kirby Sexburth. They are bigger though...

Mary Kate eats alot! :D

For a while I only give them turtle pellets.

CRAYFISH

The Black Kid
The toughest one. Its big and dark. Haha

The White Kid
Among the small ones, its the whiter. The color. Its also limp :(

Limpy Lumpy
Pretty, but its limp :( 

Bluish
Pretty color! Limp too though :(

Vanilla Ice
Bigger than 4 above. Its so white, that's why I call it Vanilla Ice. LOL

LL Cool J
Same size as Vanilla Ice. Only "bluer"

Well then. Those are my pets...

The reason why I give them such a long name such as Alex George Scripta Elegans is because, the name "Alex George" were given by his godmommy, my bestie Kate :D and Scripta Elegans is Red Eared Slider's latin name. Not scripta elegans, scripta elegans :D. After I give him the name Alex George I thought it would be awesome if I name the others the same way, you know, that kinda name, Mary Kate, Denzel, and Kirby Sexburth. lol
Also for my ducks :D

The Tanks

I have total two tanks now. First tank, for the crayfish, and the second, for the turtles. I know, that the turtles tank should be 10 gallons per inch of their body. But, for now I only have a small tank. I think, no worries because they are still very small. Everyone said that the turtle grow up really slowly so I thought of getting them this tank first, then I will save money to get a 130 gallon tank
Right now I put in sand for bedding, and rocks so they can sit down when I put them outside to bask. I will get them a UVB light so I don't have to put them for sunbathe anymore (talking about sunbathe, I don't put them directly onto the sunlight. I read many stories of people that have their turtlies died because of that). I also will get them a filter. I don't have a filter at the moment. Because I spent my money for a good filter for my crayfish. But NO WORRIES I will get the filter maybe today or tommorow. Don't worry, I always change the water and clean the tank like once a day, sometimes twice. They are pretty messy babies :D. I am thinking about getting them an underwater heater. But since they are still really young, I will get it later on. I will, but eventually...

The crayfish tank is more advanced. I got them a good filter, a good fluorescent light, and also rocks. I putted in algae in, but they were eating and tearing it off, so I took it out. Because the water went kinda dirty because of it. So I have 1 big rock there so they can hide. 2 plastic plant decoration inside. It's pretty fun because sometimes they like to climb up on them and do the "dive" lol.



0 comments: